How the first program/os was created

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kuijper, Nov 16, 2003.

1. kuijper

kuijper dreaming.. VIP Member

Me and my buddy were discussing the following topic in our physics class earlier this week. We were talking about how for operating systems and computers have come along. Ive always wondered who wrote the first program. How would you create code for an operating system if you dont have a program to create one. How was the first program/os created? How was ms-dos created? Wouldn't you need a program to recognize codes to create on initially? I believe thats where Binary comes in..

can anyone explain?

kuijper, Nov 16, 2003
    1. Advertisements

2. kuijper

undeadpenguin Bang. VIP Member

The first operating system was probably written in pure binary. Then came assembly. Then came B, then the great almighty C, both of which compiled into assembly which was then compiled into binary. MS-DOS itself came with QBasic (correct me if I'm wrong), so that made programming in it easy.

undeadpenguin, Nov 16, 2003
    1. Advertisements

3. kuijper

DaVo Banned for Life

Personally i think you have to be on a totally different level to become a programming person. in school i did a semester of it and i was so confused. using visual basic, some of ti is easy but other parts....i was like ...... WTF. :redface

DaVo, Dec 19, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question