help with virus

Discussion in 'System Security & Infection Support' started by anthony54501, Mar 7, 2005.

1. anthony54501

anthony54501

ive done all that over and over they stay gone for 10 minutes or so the last time the were gone for a few hours then i looked and bam they were running again ive deleted them from the directory each time i reboot into safe mode and run all the programs ect but somehow they keep coming back no clue what to do besides reinstall windows uhg dont want to do that lol do that to often as it is .. would it help to turn sys restore on then back off cause ive had it off since i installed windows the last time

anthony54501, Mar 12, 2005
    1. Advertisements

2. anthony54501

smack500 VIP Member

I looked up your infected files again going through some sites, and came across this article. This maybe why your having a problem removing them. At either rate you mite find that link helpfull. It seems to have alot of info about the type of files your infected with.

--------------------

Newer variants of Transponder may install a Stub reloader process to stop them being deleted. This should be taken care of before the main program is removed.

Open the registry (Start->Run->regedit) and select the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. On the right delete the ‘susp’, ‘alchem’, ‘satmat’, ‘conscorr’ or ‘farmmext’ entry. Reboot Windows and delete the .exe file of the same name from the Windows folder.

http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/Transponder.html

Last edited: Mar 12, 2005
    smack500, Mar 12, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question