GPU artifacts

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lucky, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Lucky

Lucky

Hey guys!

I have a very strange thing happening to my computer right now. I had a nVidia GT 545 and it started to artifacts, so I took it back to Bestbuy and got a AMD HD 6770 and I plugged that in, and I still have artifacts. I have some crappy ATI card too, I put that in there, and the same thing happened. The odd part is, it is just on my left monitor (I have 2) and it's only on the very right side of the monitor about 3 inches offset from the edge. So, it's a banner 3" wide and the entire height of the monitor. That's the only place the artifacts show up. So, I don't know what the issue is, but I want to fix it. Thanks!

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Cards Tried nVidia GT 545
    AMD HD 6770
    ATI HD 4350
    CPU: Intel Quad core @ 2.6GHz
    RAM: 4GB
    PSU: 460W

Lucky, Dec 10, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Lucky

Zeus Moderator

Did you try swapping where the monitors are plugged in to make sure it is not the monitor?

If you tried different cards, I am assuming with different drivers each time, and it is not the monitor my next guess would be the mobo.

Zeus, Dec 10, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Lucky

Lucky

Well the odd pat is that when I first boot up my computer, it doesn't happen. However, after a while it starts up again

Lucky, Dec 10, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question