Google Search Toolbar

Discussion in 'Software' started by Hummingbird, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Hummingbird

Hummingbird VIP Member

i got the google search toolbar and pop-up blocker a couple months ago and it's worked great - blocks all popups and stays outta the way. well a couple days ago it quit blocking some popups. so yesterday i uninstalled and reinstalled it and it's still not blocking popups. i don't know if it's not blocking ANY popups or if it's just not blockng them all, but it's annoying. is there some flaw with the google search bar you guys know about? how can i fix this? did the advertisers make google allow some pop ups due to some 'right to advertise' bull sh*t? should i download Pop-Up Stopper and just delete the google search toolbar?

Hummingbird, Feb 22, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. Hummingbird

Core in pounce mode Moderator

I assume this is all with IE?

I'd recommend downloading Firefox .8 and being done with it. For one, pop-up blocking is enabled by default, and there's a google bar. Haven't had any trouble with it, as opposed to what complications I used to get from IE toolbars.

Core, Feb 23, 2004
    1. Advertisements

3. Hummingbird

Fenis-Wolf VIP Member

Heres the thing, you have to turn the setting for it ON. That will be in the preferences. Also, theres a Pop-Up button on the toolbar that will show how many popups the bar has blocked.

Fenis-Wolf, Feb 23, 2004
  4. Hummingbird

Hummingbird VIP Member

you have to turn on what? the google search bar? i know you have to turn the google search bar popup blocker on. and it is on and has been on. still not working, though.

yes this is IE

is firefox a browser or a popup blocker? or both? is it free? cuz i can't get it unless it's free (cheapskate alert).

Hummingbird, Feb 23, 2004
  5. Hummingbird

James Photojournalist

Firefox is free, it's an open source web browser that has popup blocking built in. Check out this [thread=683]thread[/thread] for more info on it.

As for the Google bar, just to make sure, you do have the popup stopper box enabled, right? I have it installed on IE and it's working so far for me.

James, Feb 23, 2004
  6. Hummingbird

Hummingbird VIP Member

yes the popup stopper is ON! i *swear*! it has been on and working for over a month now, but the other day it just stopped blocking popups and i dunno what happened. i checked all the settings and everything and i even uninstalled the google search bar and reinstalled it. and i made sure the 'use popup stopper' thing was checked, too. i dunno was wrong with it . . . firefox here i come . . .

p.s. stupid question - firefox will work with outlook express correct?

Hummingbird, Feb 24, 2004
  7. Hummingbird

James Photojournalist

Just some simple things to try, remove the toolbar, clear cookies, etc, reinstall it and try it. This toolbar will not stop everything, specially if multiple popups are occuring at the same time. Check out their FAQS.

You can use OE, Outlook, or any other mail client you want with Firefox.

James, Feb 24, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question