Frontpage issue with IIS 7.0

Discussion in 'Software' started by phrosty1, Apr 8, 2008.

1. phrosty1

phrosty1 master builder

Hello,

While moving an old Intranet site from an XP system running IIS 6.0 to a Vista system with IIS 7.0 we have had some trouble with the old Frontpage DRW connections.

I am in the process of redeveloping the whole site with ASP.NET but in the meantime we need to keep this old site alive, but still move it. The trouble we have is the all too familiar error [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error. I must admit it has been some time since I have worked with Frontpage and I am a little fuzzy on what may be causing this. I had assumed that it was related to a permissions issue with Vista and have therefore already done the following:
    • Set up Read/Write access for IIS_IUSRS for the wwwroot folder
    • Set Read/Write access for IIS_IUSRS for C:\Windows\Temp as well as ...\AppData\Local\Temp
    • Installed and extended Frontpage 2002 Server Extensions for Vista/ Windows Server 2008 as well as set up Windows Authentication
    Perhaps I have missed another component from IIS 6 to IIS 7 that needs addressed? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jason

phrosty1, Apr 8, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. phrosty1

Ian Administrator

Ian, Apr 9, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. phrosty1

phrosty1 master builder

Voila! Thanks for pointing out that other post Ian. Changing that bit of code in the config file seems to have done the trick.

Many thanks,
    Jason

phrosty1, Apr 9, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question