Errors when opening sites

Discussion in 'Networking and Internet' started by Nadeshda, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Nadeshda

Nadeshda

Sometimes, when I try to access some sites, I get an error message, telling me there was an error on execution and asking me if I want to make a debug. The problem is that this errors don't let me do anything on that site. I've been getting them on my hotmail account and I can't even open my emails. I was told it could be msn messenger 6.1 ("plus!" installed as well) causing some kind of problem, but they began when I didn't even have msn messenger installed. I have Windows XP professional edition, and my browser is internet explorer 6.0...

Nadeshda, Feb 5, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. Nadeshda

Fenis-Wolf VIP Member

I've noticed this as well, generaly after installing Frontpage or its equivalent. To turn it off, in IE, go to Tools, Internet Options, click on the 'Advanced' tab, and then under the 'Browsing' header make sure 'Disable Script Debugging' is CHECKED, and 'Display a Notification About Every Script Error' is UNCHECKED. That'll probably do it.

Fenis-Wolf, Feb 5, 2004
    1. Advertisements

3. Nadeshda

Nadeshda

I did what you suggested, and all those errors messages stoped popping up. However, when I try to open an email, nothing happens... on the "status" of IE, on the left corner, I get an yellow triangle with an exclamation point, saying "error on page"...

Nadeshda, Feb 5, 2004
  4. Nadeshda

be3r

Double click that Yellow triangle and tell what the error says.

be3r, Feb 5, 2004
  5. Nadeshda

davi99 VIP Member

try updating the ie from windows update .....if it doesnt work then reinstall ie6 with full package installation

davi99, Feb 6, 2004
  6. Nadeshda

James Photojournalist

Are you sure your have debugging disabled? If so, I will try to find a reg edit to disable it for good. What sites are you geting this with? Clear your temp files, cookies, etc too.

James, Feb 6, 2004
  7. Nadeshda

Nadeshda

The errors tell me the line it occurred, and usually say something like "object expected" or "menuObj is not defined"... I updated windows last Thursday, I believe I have downloaded everything there was... I don't visit much sites, I usually get it ALWAYS on hotmail.. but yesterday there were errors on binarydreams as well (but not today lol) o_O I was on my sister's account, I refreshed and they were all gone... now I am on my user, I refreshed, and the errors on my email account keep showing up =/ Yes, I have the debugging disabled...

Nadeshda, Feb 9, 2004
  8. Nadeshda

James Photojournalist

Hmm, I know that there's no issues here, so it is obviously a browser issue.

What I would try, is make sure you know what your email settings and whatever else, log onto an Admin account, go to C:\Documents and Settings\Nadeshda account (whatever it is), and delete the folder. Now log off and log back on. See if this helps at all.

James, Feb 9, 2004
  9. Nadeshda

Nadeshda

First of all, I'd like to thank you all for your suggestions. However, I did what someone suggested to me, which was to delete all the cookies and .tmp files of my user. That solved all the problems! =D thank you all, anyway =)

Nadeshda, Feb 11, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question