Disabled my Facebook again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Goober, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Goober

Goober THQ's Jester Moderator

That place is like a nicotine addiction and I'm glad it's disabled for now. I just want them to email me the documents I've posted on there which I guess takes several days to obtain? Must be a fail database or something. Then I can actually delete it. The hard part is that I want to see what other people are posting, but it's not like that anymore, I just stare at the screen looking for something and I can't find anything! The bar to the far right just doesn't have things that people posted, just lots of likes, music, and replies to people I don't even know. There's no order to the madness in the main feed; I can't find any posts in there. Ok so maybe I over exaggerated a little bit cause if I scroll for a minute mindlessly I can find something, but then I get lost, and if I refresh the page that post is no longer there!

Tell me I'm not going crazy doc, I just can't be going crazy, can I? 750 million people have Facebook, that means all of you have an account, am I just not doing something right after their new update? Or should I stare harder at the screen, maybe something useful will pop out at me? Who else has done this? Who else wants to take the leap too?

I spent a lot on these smilies for you to enjoy that means this is a quality thread! :D
    :rofl2::smash::banana::banana::banana:

Goober, Sep 25, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Goober

Zeus Moderator

I have been seriously considering deleting mine too. It does still help me stay in touch with old friends and right now that is the only thing keeping it alive.

Zeus, Sep 25, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Goober

clifford VIP Member

I've been watching my friend count drop like flies. The only reason I have so many friends is the game called Mafia Wars. It's a stupid game I was into for a while. Now I basically login everyday just to clear my notifications. I might as well disable my account as well.

clifford, Sep 25, 2011
  4. Goober

I never did anything like that clifford, my friend count was tight, though I did have random odd ball people that I met once in 'real life' to continue talking to on the net. Half the people on my friends list I never talk to, my close friends I gchat or txt, as for the the hard to get to people, I have their phone number or email address. The other part that really bothered me especially due to the new layout is I had a couple people locked down so they couldn't see anything that I did, but with that bar on the right that says everything you liked, how can I tell if they can see those updates or not? :crazy :coocoo::losmack I think these images speak best about this post ^_^

I had another discussion like this and I came to the conclusion that facebook is now really Yahoo group chat. There would be about 40 of me trolling one channel and everyone else's chat would be flooded with all of me!

Goober, Sep 25, 2011
  5. Goober

Nickweb Resident Filmaker Moderator

I don't like that I need to keep facebook for my contacts. Being freelance I have contact with random people for random jobs through facebook.

It annoys me that its like this, as facebook really has gone down the pooper, but if I want to keep the contacts and new work, I have to stick with it :(

Nickweb, Sep 25, 2011
  6. Goober

Also have you noticed my attendance come back since it's been gone?

Goober, Sep 28, 2011
  7. Goober

Maurice Bloody good bloke VIP Member

I agree and think that the likes of Twitter, Facebook, Myspace etc have drawn people away from traditional forums like this one.

Maurice, Sep 28, 2011
  8. Goober

Zeus Moderator

Yeah, the very 1st forum I ever posted on is gone. The up side is that there was only about 10 members and we are all friends on facebook...

Zeus, Sep 28, 2011
  9. Goober

leadarrows American VIP Member

I like it. I even found a dead friend much to my surprise. I get feeds from some politicians I like. I have a famous country music star friend that posts cool stuff from behind the stage at the Grand Old Opera sometimes.
    I have a business page I am almost ready to publish. The local grain elevator post current grain prices on it. It is like anything else it's as good or bad as you make it. FB is a tool use it correctly and it will help you...use it poorly and it will hurt you.

leadarrows, Oct 3, 2011
  10. Goober

I'm not going to discredit everyone else's reasoning, but it wasn't information that I felt was pertinent to me, let alone any info at all. There was a barrage of meaning less posts of likes and comments to photos of people I know nothing of. The usual posts that most people view were obstructed by application posts and (stumble upon) links. I dunno it wasn't a tool that could be used worth while anymore in my opinion, at least in my eyes.

Goober, Oct 5, 2011
  11. Goober

leadarrows American VIP Member

I was not talking about anyone in particular when I said it can hurt you but it has been in the news about a few teachers losing their jobs and one politician who resigned after things they posted on FB came to light.

leadarrows, Oct 5, 2011
  12. Goober

lol nor am I! Just saying if it works for you then go for it. It doesn't work for me.

Goober, Oct 6, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question