Disable US keyboard Windows 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by S Walch, Nov 11, 2011.

1. S Walch

S Walch MAME 0.64 :) VIP Member

Whilst I certainly know how to add keyboards and remove the default US keyboard from the "Text and Input Languages" section, I have two programmes that *insist* on re-adding the US keyboard layout.

Basically I'd like to either forcibly remove the default US keyboard from the language section of Windows 7, or at least know of the run style command to remove/disable it if the two programmes re-add it again.

Anyone know how to do this, as everywhere else I seem to look appear to just tell you how to remove it from the "Text and Input Languages" section, which is redundant in this case =/

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
    S Walch, Nov 11, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. S Walch

Ian Administrator

I've had a good look around, but I can't see how to do this from the command line. The closest I could find was a powerscript command for getting information on keyboard layout, but not deleting/setting it:

http://ss64.com/ps/get-culture.html

However, you may be able to come up with a registry script that changes the keyboard info at this location?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Keyboard Layouts

Ian, Nov 17, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. S Walch

S Walch MAME 0.64 :) VIP Member

Yeah, that's all in ControlSet002 as well. 0000409 is US keyboard. I think I'd break Windows 7 if I deleted it xD

S Walch, Nov 18, 2011
  4. S Walch

jakeferren

I didn't think that if I set there to a different language I could remove the keyboard layout. Thank you so much!

jakeferren, Jan 25, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question