Color Modes

Discussion in 'Software' started by JEMASCOLA, Nov 13, 2004.

1. JEMASCOLA

JEMASCOLA VIP Member

I have a Trident Video Card. On Win95, it's labeled as Trident Super VGA, and its drivers are supervga.drv and framebuf.drv.

I got this card originally from the other computer I have with Windows 2000. I checked the info. for the card on the Win2000 comp. (or at least harddrive) today, and it was labeled differently. It was labeled as Trident Video Accelerator 3D Image 975. Its drivers are sgiulnt5.sys and sgiul50.dll.

Now, the drivers on Win95 let it use 16-Color display mode and 256-Color display mode. 256-color certainly suits me more than 16-Color, but in some applications and on some images, the colors do not look too real. I would like to use the High/True Color setting.

On Win2000, luckily, the options were 256-Color, High Color (16-bit), and True Color (32-bit). I copied the drivers onto a floppy and then plugged in the Win95 HDD, but when I tried to change the driver, it wouldn't get the drivers because the "Change Driver" button only picks up .inf files for drives.

Is there any other way I can get High/True Color with my current Win95 set up?

Joey

JEMASCOLA, Nov 13, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. JEMASCOLA

James Photojournalist

See if these drivers work for you on W95.

James, Nov 13, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question