CoD : MW2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ian, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator

Has anyone here bought/played MW2? I went to my local Sainsburys (a UK supermarket) and there were apparently queues to buy MW2 at 6am this morning! 300 people all waiting to buy a single game :shock

It must be good to be like that!

Ian, Nov 10, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. Ian

Goober THQ's Jester Moderator

I read some articles that I'm not to happy about with the game. If you are buying it for the Xbox, go for it because you don't have access to all the console commands. Sixty dollars for a game that doesn't have the ability to have a dedicated server makes me upset. The other part that I'm not happy with is the 18 player limit per server, wth?

Goober, Nov 10, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. Ian

Ian Administrator

Yeah, the lack of dedicated servers seems crazy - I don't understand that decision at all. I hope they patch this in future versions.

Ian, Nov 10, 2009
  4. Ian

Nickweb Resident Filmaker Moderator

I think it will be patched, if they leave it as is, then sooner or later, people will crack the game and make their own servers, I know its a different engine and code, but they did it with the pre-source counter-strike, after the official servers were taken down, a group of people got together and got it sorted.

We'd sold out in work before I went home at 5pm today, I stand no chance of playing it on my pc until I build a new one :(. Sad Face.

Nickweb, Nov 10, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question