can't open any site and do a secure transaction

Discussion in 'Networking and Internet' started by Kinz, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Kinz

Kinz

For some reason, when I am on a site to purchase something, I can't get any further than the screen right before checkout. I was trying to purchase something from Newegg and when I click to start the purchase, the window "Internet Explorer cannot display webpage" comes up. This happens with any site I try to purchase from, and I've tested a few just to see what happens. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks

Edit: ok, maybe this might help find a cure...I hope. I was in Quickbooks and was trying to send a couple of invoices and got the same "LOCK" symbol (the one that means it's a secure transaction), and I can't send the invoices. So apparently there is some security problem. I changed Internet Options to default level thinking that might help, but it didn't. I can use Firefox and that works fine, but not being able to send an invoice is not good! Any thoughts? Thanks

Kinz, Dec 28, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Kinz

Nickweb Resident Filmaker Moderator

Sounds to me like an issue with connecting to secure pages. I also assume youre using IE8

You can try resetting your security zones to default:
    Tools >Internet Options>Security tab>reset all zones to default

Also look in:
    Tools> Internet Options>Advanced, Scroll down to Security heading and make sure Use SSL 3.0 and Use TLS 1.0 are checked.

Nickweb, Dec 28, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Kinz

Kinz

I assume it wouldn't matter if SSL1 and 2 are also checked? TLS1 is. I have tried just about everything. This is becoming quite a nuisance!

Kinz, Dec 29, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question