can't highlight text with firefox

Discussion in 'Networking and Internet' started by spike228, Aug 19, 2005.

1. spike228

spike228 ST 38 VIP Member

(sigh) i let my sister on my computer for 20 minutes and i come back to find that firefox is broken and my dvd-rw drive stopped working...

anywho, i can no longer highlight text in firefox. i can't even highlight the text i am typing right now. the only thing in firefox i can highlight is the address bar. i can't highlight anything within the page browsing window.

i can highlight text outside of firefox just fine like IE, explorer, word documents, ect.

i have done a spyware and virus scan and have found nothing. i also ran HJT and to my surprise, it was clean. i checked the firefox options and couldn't find anything to do with highlighting.

i have no idea what my sister did. she was "supposedly" just using the internet to find song lyrics and when she wanted to highlight, it didn't work.

please help! :help

btw, i'll post my dvd burner problem in a seperate post.

spike228, Aug 19, 2005
    1. Advertisements

2. spike228

Goober THQ's Jester Moderator

can you "highlight" anything in ie?

try unistalling ff, reg clean it out too, dl the new version of ff, unless you have it and reinstall it. thats all i can offer :|

Goober, Aug 19, 2005
    1. Advertisements

3. spike228

spike228 ST 38 VIP Member

thanks for trying to help. but with out doing anything, it seemed to have fixed itself :?

you get rep for trying anyways :D

...that is if it doesn't tell me i have to spread rep around first.

edit: yep have to spread it first...

spike228, Aug 20, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question