Can't connect to steam

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Feartheterp, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Feartheterp

Feartheterp noob! VIP Member

On my one computer i can connect to steam fine, on my other i cannot. Ive been to steampowered.com and ive looked threw several things. Ive spent 2 frustrating hours( i know it isnt that long) trying to find out what is wrong and why I cannot connect. I even made a seperate account to see if that would work.

This is the error that I get:

Could not connect to Steam Network. This could be due to a problom with your internet connection, or with the Steam network. Please visit www.steampowered.com for more info.

I doubt anyone will know but if you will i will worship you because i really would like to get this to work since im off for the holidays. Merry Christmas!

Feartheterp, Dec 24, 2005
    1. Advertisements

2. Feartheterp

Ok ive gotten the problom fixed by taking it out of the dmz. I can connect to steam now. Yipee!! but the fun ends there. I then download steams dedicated server to run one but then as it launches to start the server it just says loading. In task manager it says it isnt responding? In the past i ran a server flawlessly. I just dont understand why it isnt loading. Thanks

Feartheterp, Dec 24, 2005
    1. Advertisements

3. Feartheterp

davi99 VIP Member

lol if i have been logging on to thq i wouldve told you that, to take it out of dmz, but im wondering why they have that stupid thing that you have to take it out of dmz in order to sign in

davi99, Dec 27, 2005
  4. Feartheterp

Steam is so weird.... yet I love it just because of cs and cz.....

Feartheterp, Dec 27, 2005
  5. Feartheterp

DorothyLWimb

I never seemed to get steam working for me! In the end I just gave up :D

DorothyLWimb, Apr 18, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question