Can't Add Desktop Wallpaper

Discussion in 'Software' started by JEMASCOLA, Oct 6, 2008.

1. JEMASCOLA

JEMASCOLA VIP Member

Hey, all. I didn't have this problem until just a few minutes ago when I turned on my computer. Everything was fine when I was working earlier this morning, but when I came back, I found that my desktop wallpaper was gone and that all I could see was a background color. I tried to change the wallpaper with others, but I was unable to do so.

I did some research to see if others had a similar problem, and they did. The key difference, which I must stress, is that unlike other people, who have had their "Desktop" settings grayed out (where they can't click on anything), I still CAN click on things and press the "Apply" button and all that, but I still can't change the wallpaper. I don't know what could have caused this. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Joey

JEMASCOLA, Oct 6, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. JEMASCOLA

JEMASCOLA VIP Member

It's weird

It's really weird, just moments after I posted this thread, I played around with the wallpaper settings again (trying white as a background color), and all of a sudden it's working again.

Huh...I am baffled.

JEMASCOLA, Oct 6, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. JEMASCOLA

JEMASCOLA VIP Member

It's Doing It Again!

I didn't even change any settings this time, and I minimize a window and find that all of a sudden the desktop's acting up again.

What is wrong? :? :? :?

Please help.

Thanks,
    Joey

JEMASCOLA, Oct 6, 2008
  4. JEMASCOLA

Zeus Moderator

Have you downloaded any windows themes? I had this problem after installing a downloaded windows theme. I had to uninstall the theme and do a system restore.

Zeus, Oct 6, 2008
  5. JEMASCOLA

JEMASCOLA VIP Member

I'm not sure. I don't think so, but I did notice that I was usually able to see my wallpaper after applying one of the preset Windows themes. Oddly, I don't seem to have the problem with the wallpaper anymore - apparently it was just that one day. Oh well, thanks for your help!

Joey

JEMASCOLA, Oct 14, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question