Best type of screen protector?

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Technology' started by Ian, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator

I've currently got a bulky leather case for my old iPhone, but I'm looking to slim it down once I get my new phone in a few months. However, I wasn't sure how much protection I'd get from a case skin and screen protector. Is it going to protect it from everyday use?

Also, can anyone recommend a brand/make? I'm probably going to get an iPhone 5 (perhaps Android), so there are 100's of types out there that vary in price massively! The PhoneDevil :satan: ones look good from what I can tell.

Ian, Jul 12, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Ian

Arandora

Hi,
    I recently bought front and back screen protectors for my new iPhone 4 as well as one for the LCD screen on my Olympus Mju u 8010 Tough digital camera from a German Company via Ebay at Protectionfilms24.com (sorry, not enough posts yet to insert a link!) The latter had to be a perfect fit and fully waterproof as I use the camera when snorkeling but like all screen protectors supplied by this company they are made to measure for each device and model.
    You can also, if you wish, personalise the protector for the iPhone (and also for instance your gleaming laptop) by adding an in-house image or uploading one from your own photo albums and they will use that. You can test the image on-line before proceeding.
    Perhaps a bit more expensive than the many cheap and cheerful offerings on Ebay (or elsewhere) but the screen protector material is of professional quality and when applied the image is as crystal clear as if it was the original unblemished screen.
    Worth taking a look.
    In addition to the front and back clear protectors for my iPhone I just bought a cheap rubber (looks like a tyre tread) back and side casing for about a fiver for general safety when carrying the phone around with me.

Arandora, Jul 12, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Ian

Zeus Moderator

The ones I use on my Droid are the official Droid ones. They are made by USA Wireless Solutions. They have held out pretty good. I got a 3 pack and am on my 2nd one. I've had my phone for over 2 years now.

Getting them lined up has been a pain, but my hand-eye coordination sucks so it might be to blame.

Zeus, Jul 12, 2011
  4. Ian

Ian Administrator

Thanks for the comments guys, I'll do some more reading up on those 2 companies and have a browse :).

Ohhhh... I've just seen that Protectionfilms24 lets me enter custom sizes for the protector! Perfect, I was after a matt film for my laptop but couldn't find one the right size. Thanks Arandora, I'll be getting one of these for my laptop! :D Did you go for a matt version?

Ian, Jul 12, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question