Arcade

Discussion in 'Announcements, Site Problems & Feedback' started by Ian, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Ian

Zeus Moderator

That's because I was raised to respect my elders :p

Zeus, Mar 12, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. Ian

Core in pounce mode Moderator

Hoooooooooooo.....! :shock It's on now!! :lol2

Core, Mar 12, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. Ian

I'm gonna post this here instead of starting another thread. I mean it's a thread called Arcade and it's in the Arcade forum. And this post is about...hey, you guessed it!

There is yet hope for humankind.

Anyhow, I was wondering - since I'm sure Ian's not busy with his personal life, work, studies, relationships, or with all the sites he hosts - if I might raise an issue I've been experiencing with the arcade as of late. Well, it's mostly my wife that has been experiencing this issue, but after six years of marriage I have found that what affects my wife, affects me, and usually negatively.

No, I'll get to the point. I'm just taking my sweet time.

Sometimes when I, or my wife, completes a game of, say, Tetris, or Snake, or Breakout, or that annoying land-this-fragile-thing-NASA-failed-to-build-right game, once the game is over and a magnificent score was achieved, instead of seeing my score on the top of the scoreboard I get a message that says my score could not be saved. I don't remember the exact phrasing of this error message but it's pretty vague yet to the point.

Could it be a timeout issue of some kind? I don't really want to speculate on this much until I hear if others have experienced this, or if it's just us.

Core, Apr 9, 2009
  4. Ian

Ian Administrator

Next time you (or Mrs Core :hi) get that error message could you paste it in here and I'll see what it could be :) The arcade is patched to the latest version, but I can take a look at the code manually and see what it causing it.

It could be a timeout like you suggest, so if it is I'll try to extend it a bit :D

Ian, Apr 9, 2009
  5. Ian

Zeus Moderator

I used to have timeout problems with the old snake game we had because I could go on for over an hour playing it :)

I also know that is says it won't save your high score if you already have a higher score saved in the database.

Zeus, Apr 9, 2009
  6. Ian

I'm thinking it might be a time-out issue rather than software-related. I don't come across this problem as much as my wife does, but I tend to play short Tetris sessions while she does these Shuttle Lander (or w/e) marathons. We both know that it won't save the score if it's lower than your existing score, but there've been times she's beaten the current highest and lost the credit due to this error. She pretty much owns the arcade anyway so I wasn't tearing up about it, but said I'd ask around anyways.

Core, Apr 9, 2009
  7. Ian

Nickweb Resident Filmaker Moderator

theres a work around, open a new tab and go to the 'whos online' page, it refreshes every 30 seconds or so, and will avoid you timing out :D

Nickweb, Apr 9, 2009
    1. Advertisements