Any Lord of the Rings fans?

Discussion in 'Books, Movies, TV and music' started by James, Jan 5, 2003.

1. James

Kristi I'm Baaaackkk!! VIP Member

I never even heard of the books when I was little. I loved to read when I was younger too so I would of enjoyed them. :D

Kristi, Feb 12, 2003
    1. Advertisements

2. James

JennyP

I still remember how my group of friends would pass these books around from one to another and we would discuss characters and plots and sub-plots back and forth for hours! it was important for us to start with "The Hobbit," then go on to "The Fellowship of The Rings," and "The Two Towers" and "The Lord of The Rings," and finally "Leaf and Tree" (which is not part of the series, but we thought it gave us some insight into the person). One guy even went so far as to make this huge map and plot the whole journey on it (remember, this was back in 1970; pre-pre-anything computerized).

Some of my friends (semi-hippies at the time) later outgrew their "semi-hippy" phases and went on and developed different companies that they named after some of the characters (I can't find them on the internet now, so don't know what happened to these guys or their companies). Years later, one of my guy friends called and told me about "The Silmarillion," which is more a collection of stories rather than a novel like his other works. It is quite good, and I strongly reccommend it for those who want even more Tolkien.

Okay, I'll stop boring you with my trips down "memory lane!"
    :redface This was a wonderful time and memory for me, though, so sorry for the detour. :roll

JennyP, Feb 12, 2003
    1. Advertisements

3. James

JennyP

Okay, I see my old age rambling on made everybody shutup on THIS thread! :p

JennyP, Feb 21, 2003
  4. James

James Photojournalist

Nah, I'd actually like to draw a map of Middle Earth... I like maps ;)

James, Feb 21, 2003
  5. James

James Photojournalist

New poster for Return of the King!

James, Jul 5, 2003
  6. James

SwordWielder Master of Swords VIP Member

I saw that. It's awesome!

I pre ordered TTT already for DVD. :thumbs

SwordWielder, Jul 14, 2003
  7. James

Kristi I'm Baaaackkk!! VIP Member

I'm finally reading the books now. Right now I'm reading The Fellowship of the Ring. I like it so far. It is a lot different than the movie, but I like how the book is more descriptive and has all the characters in it. When they made the movies, they must of had to cut some parts in the book out to save on time, although it would be nice to have all the parts in it. But, the movies are still great! :thumbs

Kristi, Jul 18, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question