Alternative Resources? Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JEMASCOLA, Dec 2, 2004.

?

Alternative Resources? (Wind Power, Solar Power, etc.)

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Don't know/No opinion/Other (Please Specify)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JEMASCOLA

JEMASCOLA VIP Member

The question speaks for itself, pretty much. Let's see where this topic takes us.

JEMASCOLA, Dec 2, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. JEMASCOLA

Phil VIP Member

Are you asking if we agree with using them or if we do use them? If you are asking if I agree with them, I do completely.

Phil, Dec 2, 2004
    1. Advertisements

3. JEMASCOLA

Goober THQ's Jester Moderator

its phunny with these polls, i can vote and no one would know that i did

but i do belive that we should find healthier alternatives before we kills ours selves in our own mess.........

Goober, Dec 3, 2004
  4. JEMASCOLA

D Schrute Assistant Sensei VIP Member

Who doesn't agree with using them... there is just a hassle in setup do to the extreme costs of solar panels and windmills.

D Schrute, Dec 3, 2004
  5. JEMASCOLA

ruslanb76 pivo prosim VIP Member

I wholeheartedly agree with alternative sources. Hydrogen fuel cells, solar, etc.. are all thats going to be available in a short time given our consumption of raw materials. I just read in National Geographic that even if we stopped using all the greenhouse gasses today, the effect on the polar caps and global warming is irreversible. In fact I kind of feel guilty as I type this as a lot of the things that I like for fun such as this comp are products of industry that is kiling this planet. Does that mean I will stop using it? Probably not. Although if I had the choice given to me to get rid of societies useless technologies and toys to help save civilization and give us a hundred years more of clean water and air I do it in a heartbeat. Don't feel that most people feel this way though.:( Okay I'll stop here I'm depressing myself.

ruslanb76, Dec 3, 2004
  6. JEMASCOLA

JEMASCOLA VIP Member

Renewable Energy Sources

I certainly agree with using alternative resources once we get them practical. Like ruslanb76 said, we're using all our natural resources so if we don't find another renewable energy source, we're gonna be in trouble when we run out of raw materials. Did you know that there is only enough tungsten to last about 30 years. (It is often found in incandescent lightbulbs). I heard that in a video.

We've been relying on natural resourced WAY too long. It's time for our society to get more advanced and switch to renewable energy methods. The problem is, though, they're not very popular right now because they're simply not practical at this stage.

I saw a TV show a few years and one segment included a couple that used solar panel energy. Some people questioned whether or not they got enough energy, but they said they had plenty of energy. In fact, they actually had more than they needed.

Also, I saw another TV show that showed an idea that had a battery that powered a car. As the car moved and used energy, it actually created energy, which would be sent back to the battery to be reused again. That sounds like a great idea to me. I don't really see anything impractical about that, so auto companies should commercialize it.

JEMASCOLA, Dec 4, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question