AC97 Audio SPDIF

Discussion in 'Software' started by kaput, Jan 14, 2006.

1. kaput

kaput

I am trying to output a 5.1 audio signal from my PC to my home theater. I am using an RCA digital coaxial cable from the SPDIF out to the coax in on the receiver. The problem is that it outputs the front channels to the rear speakers and the rear channels to the front speakers. The cable is good because I have swapped it and tried a different one with the same results. I have updated the AC97 audio driver to the most recent ones dated december/05.

The audio output is set to 6 channels in both the windows settings and also the sound manager included with the drivers. I am fairly sure this is a driver problem because when using winamp, I get mono sound from all speakers, and when playing half life 2 with 5.1, I get 5.1 sound but with the channels reversed. When I test using the sound manager (driver software) it only outputs the test signal to the rear two speakers, and indicates it as the front two. Its pretty sad that the manufacturers software doesnt even work while a general application more or less does. I hate AC97. Has anyone ever encountered this before? Is there any way in maybe the registry or something that I can tell it to switch the front/rear channels to the way they should be?

BTW this is all happening on a Gigabyte K8NS Pro motherboard.

Thanks!

kaput, Jan 14, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question