28" widescreen death

Discussion in 'Books, Movies, TV and music' started by Nickweb, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Nickweb

Nickweb Resident Filmaker Moderator

My 28" widescreen tv has been acting up. it wll suddenly go extremely dark, like the contrast and colour has been turned right down, then go back to normal after a bit. when i turn the set off, the set will make a horrible clunk noise, and i will see a small spectrum of colour in the middle of the screen.

i really think it's on it's way out, and it's a SONY as well, and what's worse, is it's 3 months out of warrenty

Nickweb, Oct 20, 2005
    1. Advertisements

2. Nickweb

sethzag Leaping tall bldg

Bad luck! Sounds like your picture tube is crapping out. Unfortunately, probably more cost effective to replace than repair.

sethzag, Oct 20, 2005
    1. Advertisements

3. Nickweb

Phil VIP Member

Are you sure there isn't a setting that will adjust the brightness and or contrast depending on the amount of light in the room? I have that on my tv, I have never seen it jump drastically like that, but if something is wrong with the sensor it might cause a problem.

This really doesn't solve the colour spectrum when turning it off, but thought it might be a possibility.

Phil, Oct 20, 2005
  4. Nickweb

Nickweb Resident Filmaker Moderator

it's the screen dying, went to curry's on friday and ordered a new sony 28" widescreen, quite nice looking, now the thing is, if the one i have at present holds on until we get the new one, i get to have the old one in my room for as long as it lasts

Nickweb, Oct 26, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question