16-bit pascal app into 32-bit delphi app?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Coding' started by Core, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Core

Core in pounce mode Moderator

Okay, I know this is a loser's way out, but...

I'm working on a very small application that does some file access stuff on the computer before launching a browser. Even though I have Delphi, I'm using an old copy of Turbo Pascal to code it, since I don't know how to do this in Delphi (am new to it) and I couldn't figure out how to properly do this kind of app as a console app in Delphi.

My question is, is there a way to turn the code from 16-bit pascal code into 32-bit Delphi console code? I don't know how well a 16-bit app would run on the most recent versions of Windows, and what file access issues might appear.

Core, Jul 1, 2003
    1. Advertisements

2. Core

James Photojournalist

Hi, I'm sorry this hasn't been answered yet, there aren't may programmers here. I am hoping for that to change though. You seem to know your stuff though. :)

James, Jul 14, 2003
    1. Advertisements

3. Core

Core in pounce mode Moderator

That's cool. :) I like this board... I dunno if I can be of help to anyone, but I'll stick around and find out.

Core, Jul 14, 2003
  4. Core

James Photojournalist

Cool, hope to see you around then. I PM'ed someone who is pretty good with programming, so hopefully he can help.

James, Jul 14, 2003
  5. Core

JMorris code guru

sorry i responded late, my cable went down for a couple days and didnt get james' PM till just now... i am not much of a pascal or delphi fan but i know a guy that is a delphi *** so i will check with him next time i see him then reply

JMorris, Jul 19, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question