Handling of .zip files in MAIL

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JF Mezei, Jan 10, 2012.

  1. JF Mezei

    JF Mezei Guest

    Got a set of important documents in an email while I was away and tried
    to access on my iphone.

    MAIL refused to open them becaue they were in a .ZIP file.

    Is there a way to handle .ZIP attachements of a mail message on an iPhone ?

    (IOS 5.01 jailbroken)
     
    JF Mezei, Jan 10, 2012
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. JF Mezei

    nospam Guest

    In article <4f0bd33b$0$1741$c3e8da3$>, JF
    Mezei <> wrote:

    > Got a set of important documents in an email while I was away and tried
    > to access on my iphone.
    >
    > MAIL refused to open them becaue they were in a .ZIP file.
    >
    > Is there a way to handle .ZIP attachements of a mail message on an iPhone ?


    search the app store. i have no idea if these are any good but they
    were among the many results:

    ZipManager - "Zip/Unzip utility for mail and safari..."

    The Zip Explorer is a simple utility application that allows you to
    download a compressed Zip file from the web or as an e-mail
    attachment from the Mail app.

    With "Unzip (from Mail and Safari)" you can open ZIP files out of the
    Mail or Safari application.
     
    nospam, Jan 10, 2012
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. JF Mezei

    JF Mezei Guest

    nospam wrote:

    > search the app store. i have no idea if these are any good but they
    > were among the many results:


    Thanks. I downaoded "ZipBrowser" and by magic, the MAIL application
    magically now gives me an option to open the attachement with ZipBrowser.

    I was not aware that they had enabled such file exchanges betwene
    applications on IOS so I figured I would have needed some jailbroken
    apps to do this.

    So I take it that apps can register themselves as handlers for certain
    file types and the MAIL application will honour this for such
    attachemenbts ?
     
    JF Mezei, Jan 10, 2012
    #3
  4. In article <4f0bed97$0$1594$c3e8da3$>,
    JF Mezei <> wrote:

    > nospam wrote:
    >
    > > search the app store. i have no idea if these are any good but they
    > > were among the many results:

    >
    > Thanks. I downaoded "ZipBrowser" and by magic, the MAIL application
    > magically now gives me an option to open the attachement with ZipBrowser.
    >
    > I was not aware that they had enabled such file exchanges betwene
    > applications on IOS so I figured I would have needed some jailbroken
    > apps to do this.
    >
    > So I take it that apps can register themselves as handlers for certain
    > file types and the MAIL application will honour this for such
    > attachemenbts ?


    That's correct.

    Also, your caps lock key seems to be broken.

    --
    Tom "Tom" Harrington
    Independent Mac OS X developer since 2002
    http://www.atomicbird.com/
     
    Tom Harrington, Jan 10, 2012
    #4
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. GSV Three Minds in a Can

    nVidia latest ATA drivers break WinXP Travan tape handling

    GSV Three Minds in a Can, Dec 14, 2004, in forum: DIY Computers
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    281
    Martin Slaney
    Dec 15, 2004
  2. Phred
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    331
    Phred
    Sep 24, 2003
  3. harikeo
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,331
    harikeo
    Dec 20, 2009
  4. Man-wai Chang to The Door (24000bps)

    Formatting a hard disk and handling of suspicious bad sectors

    Man-wai Chang to The Door (24000bps), Feb 14, 2010, in forum: PC Hardware
    Replies:
    26
    Views:
    1,750
    Yousuf Khan
    Feb 17, 2010
  5. Adrian C

    Anti-static handling and vacuum cleaning

    Adrian C, Sep 3, 2011, in forum: DIY Computers
    Replies:
    39
    Views:
    3,531
    dennis@home
    Sep 6, 2011
Loading...

Share This Page