Computer Help Forums

Computer Help Forum > TechieHQ Office > Newsgroup Archive > iPad > Re: NewsTap app question

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Re: NewsTap app question

 
 
Erilar
Guest

Posts: n/a
Thanked:


 
      Dec 17th, 11, 9:51 PM
Todd Allcock <> wrote:
> At 16 Dec 2011 21:12:10 +0000 Erilar wrote:
>> Lewis <> wrote:
>>> In message <jcb0lh$ceo$>

>> .
>>>
>>>> Documents not individually exported to iTunes from Pages and certain

> other
>>>> apps are NEVER backed up,
>>>
>>> Bullcrap. All my Pages documents on the iPad are backed up all the

> damn
>>> time, and synced to other devices.

>>
>> See my description of the real process.

>
> I think you're confusing "backup" and "sync". They aren't synced to
> iTunes, but are seemingly included in the backup. Are you sure you're
> properly configured to backup every time you connect to iTunes?


If I can't see a list anywhere of what IS backed up, which is what you seem
to be telling me, and the list I DO see is NOT the backup list, then how
can I KNOW what is or is not backed up properly? I know others have lost
material with iPad "up"grades, and I lost a LOT of functionality on my last
laptop "up"grade. My reluctance has experiential background.
--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
nospam
Guest

Posts: n/a
Thanked:


 
      Dec 17th, 11, 10:18 PM
In article <jcivbo$so3$>, Erilar
<> wrote:

> If I can't see a list anywhere of what IS backed up, which is what you seem
> to be telling me, and the list I DO see is NOT the backup list, then how
> can I KNOW what is or is not backed up properly?


you can only see when it was backed up and it backs up everything on
the device at the time the backup is done.

> I know others have lost
> material with iPad "up"grades,


only if they did something wrong.

> and I lost a LOT of functionality on my last
> laptop "up"grade. My reluctance has experiential background.


such as?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Erilar
Guest

Posts: n/a
Thanked:


 
      Dec 18th, 11, 10:00 PM
nospam <> wrote:
> In article <jcivbo$so3$>, Erilar
> <> wrote:
>
>> If I can't see a list anywhere of what IS backed up, which is what you seem
>> to be telling me, and the list I DO see is NOT the backup list, then how
>> can I KNOW what is or is not backed up properly?

>
> you can only see when it was backed up and it backs up everything on
> the device at the time the backup is done.
>
>> I know others have lost
>> material with iPad "up"grades,

>
> only if they did something wrong.
>
>> and I lost a LOT of functionality on my last
>> laptop "up"grade. My reluctance has experiential background.

>
> such as?

Oh, I've listed and complained about them in the past. They were real.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] NewsTap app question Bruce Esquibel iPad 53 Dec 29th, 11 9:10 PM
Re: NewsTap app question Erilar iPad 18 Dec 16th, 11 10:57 PM
Re: NewsTap app question Erilar iPad 1 Dec 13th, 11 12:13 AM
Re: NewsTap app question Erilar iPad 7 Dec 12th, 11 9:19 PM
Re: NewsTap app question Erilar iPad 5 Dec 11th, 11 4:05 AM